Friday, June 4, 2010

it's no oil painting, oh yes it is

Painting is a great love of mine that I should do more of, by more I mean some. It's been a long long time since I put brush to canvas. To motivate myself I looked for some classes and  went to oil painting class 1 of 2. There should be 4 but I'm working the last two classes so will miss them.

The class was in oil paints, a medium that I have tried but have had no instruction in so I was excited to try it. I loved it. Have you ever done something that you enjoy so much that it gives you a warm cosy glow? -Apart from sex that is. I loved painting and I loved learning, what more can you ask for?

Here are some snaps of my effort, taken at different stages. I finish it next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know that feeling and I too haven't done enough of pushing paint around a canvas recently. Things have to be just right and for too long they haven't been.

I'm pleased you signed up for the course and are loving it. I love the results.